one of my favourite places // the library lovers book tag

hello people! 

This week I'm doing a tag I found through Google and on Amber's blog. The tag is all about libraries, which makes my heart happy for two reasons: 1) libraries mean books that you get to keep for four weeks and pretend they're your own and also places filled with books which honestly is really calming (anyone else find book calming?) + 2) I don't know if I've said this before, but I actually started working at my local library this year which is all kinds of freaking out amazingness. Three and a half months in, I still get excited about every day of work, though there is hard work involved. But it's one of my favourite places and I'm grateful to work there with some pretty cool people. Anyways, onward to the tag (to which I added a final bonus question which I hope is allowed?) ...

photo by me who doesn't own a great phone and is still figuring out the art of self-timer photos. but, you know, at least, I didn't drop the books.






T H E  L I B R A R Y  L O V E R S  B O O K  T A G


How often do you visit your local library? // To work, five days a week, haha. If I wasn't working there, it'd be once a fortnight, I think.
Are you the type of person who checks out more books than you know you can read or are you someone who only checks out the exact amount of books you intend on reading before they are due? // Um, I basically always borrow too many books, then stress that I'm not going to finish them, then renew the loan period, then still don't read them all, so two weeks or a year later, I'll re-borrow the same book. *sigh* It's a downward spiral, I know, but there are so many lovely-looking books. Also, I reserve a lot of books on my library's online catalogue, then they all arrive at the same time (which, you know is completely out of my control).

How old were you when you got your first library card? // Around six months old. My family had moved to a new town and Mum went to the library to get cards for herself and my older sisters. Apparently, the librarian asked if I would like one, too, and my sisters answered yes for me. (Thanks, sisters!) Up until three years ago, I still had that yellow laminated card, too; it was falling apart, though, so I got a new blue, plastic one.
Do you go to your library looking for a particular book or do you check out anything that piques your interest? // Like I said, I reserve/order quite a bit on the online catalogue, so normally there's a few to pick up off the reservation shelf. When I wander around the library, sometimes I'm looking for specific books, but I like to pick up random ones that catch my attention, read the back cover or a few pages, then decide if I want to borrow it out. I've found great books, like Goodbye Stranger by Rebecca Stead and Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman, this way.
Do you use your library to check out just books or do you also check out DVDs, audio books, etc.? // The occasional DVD. I'm not really an audio book person, though.
From what section of your library do you check out a majority of your books? // The YA section, definitely. Closely followed by the children's section, including picture books. Sometimes I borrow a nonfiction.
What is your favourite part of using your local library? // Apart from the whole being surrounded by books and taking some home to pretend their yours for awhile, I love the historical building my local library is in (it used to be a hotel in, like, the late 19th to mid-20th century). Also I love sitting with my stack of books on one of the couches or stools in the kids'/young adults' area when it's mildly quiet/deserted of other people.
Bonus question: What books do you currently have checked out from your library? // They are: The Silver Gate by Kristen Bailey, The Someday Birds by Sally J Pla, Winter by Marissa Meyer, Parvana by Deborah Ellis, The Penderwicks in Spring by Jeanne Birdsall, A Corner of White and Cracks in the Kingdom by Jaclyn Moriarty. By the way, I've read three of them and will be exchanging those for new ones soon.

How often do you use your library? What, if any, books do you have checked out?

PS If you do this tag on your blog, definitely let me know cause I'd love to have a read. :)

Comments

Popular Posts